No matter what type of cosmetic surgery you are considering, the most important factor in its success is the surgeon you choose. It is critical that you should meet the person and he or she should “connect” with you. The key is to be emotionally comfortable with your choice.
A doctor who loves, what he is doing, will give you, lot of confidence about your selection.
The doctor who does not have any photographs or records to show you, for whatever reason, then look elsewhere.
If a doctor cannot let you talk to his transplanted individuals, it’s a bad sign.
Price does not relate to Quality
The highest fees do not necessarily relate to the best work. The reverse is neither true for the lowest price.
Be careful about the marketing gimmicks.
Make sure that good detailed history is taken with good detailed examination, including measuring density of hair and the donor area.
Discuss with your doctor about your goals, needs, budget expectation, sense of urgency and how result will improve your life.
Doctor should be able to give you plan and balanced professional opinion on your desire.
Try to understand the procedure and find out every single step.
If not taken care of, you may lose your everlasting and most invaluable hairs, the only asset of hope in your life.
Steps for Hair Transplantation:
- Harvesting from back of head (Q1)
- Separation of follicles (Q. 2 to Q.5)
- Storage of grafts (Q.6 to Q.7)
- Creation of sites (Q.8)
- Keeping the site open (Q.9)
- Plantation (Q.10)
- Bandage (Q.11)
- Shampoo (Q.12)
- Scab formation (Q.13)
Now that you are fully aware with the procedure do not hesitate to ask your doctor about how does he perform these steps. Make the right decision. Remember that “Hair Bank” is your property. As, choosing a right doctor is such an important part of the surgical process, we have tried to simplify the problem in a form of questionnaire.
Last answer of each question is what we offer.
We will be more than happy to explain in detail the advantages of our method, compared to other methods employed.
1. How do you harvest follicles?
- Multiple Blades
- Single Blade
- Razor Blade
2. Do you use magnification while dissecting grafts?
3. How many hairs does your graft contain?
- 6 to 10
- 3 to 6
- 1 to 3 (“ROOT-BY-ROOT” ™ PLANTATION)
4. Do you produce 100s of grafts at onetime using multi-blade device?
5. What blade do you use?
- Paper cutting blade
- Surgical blade
- Razor Blade
6. How Soon after follicle separation it is inserted into the skin?
- 6+ hours
- 4 to 6 hours
- 2 to 4 hours
7. How do you store your graft?
- Over forehead
- Over wet gauze
- Cold isotonic fluid
8. How do you create site?
- Radio frequency
- Special device (“SAVA” ™ TRANSPLANTER )
9. Do you use dilators?
10. From where do you hold graft during Insertion?
- Surrounding Fat
- With Hair outside root (“FEATHER TOUCH” ™ TECHNOLOGY)
11. How long do you keep bandage?
- 3 or more days
- 2 days
- 1 day
- No bandage
12. When do you shampoo hair?
- 3-7 days
- Next day
- Same day (within 2 hours of procedure and twice a day after that)
13. How long scabs remain visible?
- 14 – 21 days
- 10 -14 days
- 7-10 days